Tuesday 25 August 2009

Pavlyuchenko

The truth of the matter is that I've not met with Viktor as he's not even in England at the moment.

I did speak with Roman this morning and he made it clear that he needed to play as it's World Cup year.

I explained to him and the rest of the players that haven't been getting a game, that they are all in my plans.

Roma were looking at Roman about 6 weeks ago, but they didn't make an offer, so as far as I'm concerned, Roman is a Spurs player.

The same goes with Jenas and David Bentley. They're both definitely in my plans. Martin O'Neill hasn't picked up the phone to me to enquire about the pair of them. If he was interested, I'm sure he would have called me by now. He's got my number.

I'm not closing the book on signing any more players either. We've got Ozzie in at the minute and he looks promising, but we'll have to see how the rest of this week goes. We may extend his stay with us for another week, but we'll just have to see how things go.

I like the balance of the squad and feel that we can improve with the players that are here. We did ever so well after the way Tottenham started last season. We could have ended in 5th or 6th. We've now added to the squad and in my opinion, made it stronger.

Can we finish higher than 5th? Who knows? We're still right at the starting line and there's such a long way to go yet.

I'll be playing David, Roman, Crouchie, Jamie and Alan Hutton from the start in tomorrows game. They all need a run out, especially Peter. He's looking fit in training but playing is a proper match is another world away from playing in a training 5 versus 5 match.

Doncaster are a strong side and I know their manager well. They'll come out the blocks fast and won't make it easy for us, I can tell you that. Tomorrow gives me a chance to look at the squad and see which players are really up for it.

We've been putting a lot of effort into character building since I came here. Joe and Kevin are excellent at assessing a players character. Clive and Tony have also worked wonders for me.

Tim and Les offer so much support and guidance, especially to the younger players in the side.

I'm sorry that I'm not on here more, but I'm sure you can imagine that I'm a busy man.

Look forward to seeing you all at the match.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Solid state lighting does not have any moving components inside it.
There health benefits outnumber their disadvantages, if any.
These chips directly convert electricity to light without the use of a filament or glass bulb.



my blog post :: LED Stehleuchten

Post a Comment