Monday 17 August 2009

Opening day comments

I thought we played really well yesterday. All the lads were happy and the confidence around the place at the moment is good.

Sebastien had a great game to. It was his first time out at a full White Hart Lane and it looked as though he and Ledley had been playing together for quite a while.

His winner was something special. There's a lot more to come from him to.

I was also pleased for Benoit as he's really come on in the last 8 months or so. What a strike!

I decided to start with Robbie and Jermain up front as both have been super in training. We all know about Jermain's qualities and Fabio got to sample some of it against Holland last week.

Keane is a really good player, a proper pro. He should have scored on at least two opportunities in the match but their keeper is world class.

I will start with Crouchie in mid week against Hull as we need to hold the ball up more when playing away. As to who plays alongside him, we'll be making that decision on Tuesday.

Hope you enjoyed the game.

I'll be trying to write up my comments after each match, but be patient as I'm a busy man.

Share/Save/Bookmark